Thursday, July 22, 2010

Cookies!

A while  ago, I bought a book called "Cooking For The Whole Family" cooking with whole foods.  I had totally gotten that I bought it til recently.  I decided that I wanted to make cookies for the kids and looked for a good easy recipe.  I found an oatmeal chocolate chip cookie recipe that looked easy.  It was amazingly simple and left out a few of the ingredients that I am used to.  It replaced sugar with maple syrup, but I used agave nectar (first time I have used it), no eggs, and no baking powder or baking soda.  I wasn't sure how it was going to come out, but they are not that bad.  Actually, they are good.  The best part is that the kids love them!  I love that I can make a cookie at home and have it be healthy for a cookie and that the kids will eat them!  I definitely have to try more recipes from this book.  Also, on my other blog, http://thehandmadeandnaturallife.blogspot.com, I asked for good cookbook suggestions.  So far "The Joy of Cooking" has won.  Ok, so only 2 people have responded but they both suggested the same book.  I have it put aside for me at B&N and just need to pick it up!  I'm hoping to get more creative in my meals and snacks!

Amy

2 comments:

  1. I was told that cider vinegar (a tsp per egg, I believe) replaces eggs. I have used it in cakes and pancake recipes and french toast. I have a cancer avoiding book. My family has so much of it that I really have no choice, if I want to do my best to be here for them! Anyway...I also use raw sugar...not sure what the point it, but I do, not chemically altered, I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to admit, T does most of the cooking for the family. But this last year, I picked up a dozen or so crock pot recipes that we enjoy, so I'm learning slowly but surely. I'm working on using more natural foods and cutting out the canned and processed when I can. Little steps every day...

    ReplyDelete