Monday, September 21, 2009

Children's Hospital

I got a call from my sister in law tonight.  She said that her daughter, Leah, was talking with a nurse at Maine Med who mentioned that she had worked at Children's Hospital.  Leah mentioned that her little cousins were in Children's with RSV.  This nurse actually remembered my little ones when they were in the hospital back in Feb.  She remembered that they were preemies, that my son came in first and then my daughter, and that they were both intubated.  Unfortunately I do not know her name.  What I do know is that all of the nurses that took care of my tiny, sick, little babies were the most caring, supportive, willing to provide information and take the time to listen and answer all of our many and repetitive questions.  I am so impressed that with all the sick children that these nurses see everyday, that she and other nurses  remembered my two little guys.

My little ones are doing so good now.  They are healthy and growing by leaps and bounds.  I am so sorry that my little ones were so sick when they were so young and that they (and we) had to go through such a horrible ordeal, but because of the loving, caring, and supportive environment that they were in, they were able to grow so strong and healthy.

Everyday is a new experience with 3 little ones, but I am so loving this life!

Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment