Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Newest Doll Project

I have had this old clementine crate for the longest time (probably not that long, it just feels that way) and I finally decided to do something with it.  I had heard that you can make a small doll bed from the crates so that they are recycled and have a new use.  I looked online to get some ideas, but I finally decided to jut use some wide popsicle sticks to make a headboard and a footboard and then paint the whole thing.  I then attempted to make a mattress, but measured wrong and pretty much totally screwed up, but I added a pillow and I think it looks ok.  I love the tufting of the mattress.  I am really liking how creative I am being.  For my own mental health, I think it is important for me to find some sort of creative outlet, plus, it's so much fun making things for the kids! I now need to make a doll quilt for the bed!


I think it may be time to work on some boy projects once I am finished with the doll quilt!!  The poor boys seem to get lost in the shuffle of making cute things.  There are so many cute girly things, I now need to find some cute boyish things!

I also think that I really like sewing!  I'm not a huge fan of sewing clothing (though I would like to learn how to better)!  I love sewing craft things.  I really need to figure out what I like and spend some time perfecting my craft.  Oh, and a Facebook friend from high school mentioned that this bed would be great for small dogs and I should think about selling them for that reason.  It's a great idea!

Happy creating!
Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment