Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Way Back When-esday: March 2009

I was just reading http://mollyandluke.blogspot.com and it reminded me of when I took my twins home from the NICU after their bought with RSV.  Thomas had been admitted 1 week before Eva Rose and was supposed to come home on Friday after he had been in the hospital almost 3 weeks.  Thursday night we got a phone call that Thomas had a minor set back with some tachycardia so he wasn't able to come home the next day.  He stayed over the weekend and ended up coming home with his sister on Monday in a snow storm, just like when we left the hospital after they were born.  I thought it was pretty amazing that not only did they they ended up coming home together, but pretty much on their due date.  We had to have a visiting nurse to check their weights and their breathing.  They did awesome and the visiting nurse was able to discharge us after just a couple of weeks!

March 3, 2009

March 3, 2009

Amy

2 comments:

  1. I can't imagine what those weeks were like for you! Full of heartbreak i'm sure! You worked so hard to carry them as long as possible to keep them out of the NICU (or short) only to return them back there! What a very stressful time for your family! RSV is so scary!! The scary thing too is it can still put kids in the hospital as toddlers! It it mean stuff! That call you got that morning about your son would have been heartbreaking! I am so happy we now have healthly babies! These pictures are adorable ! Love their hats with matching booties!

    Thanks for the shout out too & you kind words! Take care Amy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Amy! I left a message for you on Amber's blog, but wasn't sure if you would get it. I couldn't go without telling you Thank You! Your kind words meant a lot to me. I hope everything is good your way! Have a great weekend! Take care! Andrea

    ReplyDelete