Friday, October 15, 2010

And The Sleep Saga Continues

Everytime I think we have made it through our sleep struggles, we take a few steps back.  I was feeling pretty good and mostly getting a good night sleep, but now Michael and Thomas have been getting up in the middle of the night.  There is definitely some issue with diapering, meaning that he is absolutely soaked when I get up and change him.  I also think it is a stage that he is going through.  Thomas on the other hand is usually my best sleeper, but lately, he is not sleeping well at all.  He is getting sick and who knows if he is starting to teethe again.  I am really tired, but I am not able to truly do a cry it out.  I do let them cry for a little time to see if they can soothe themselves, but sometimes it just doesn't happen.  With the way their skin is, I would also rather get up and check them since we seem to be having a really good run with diaper rash issues (or lack there of). 

I just talked with my husband and it seems like all 3 kids are sick!  I knew that they were headed that way and now I am even happier that I did not take them to EI group today.  Thomas and Michael have had nasty runny noses and Eva Rose was starting with one, but just not as nasty.  I heard that they have a fever and I am not home to be with them.  They will definitely all get some medicine before they go to bed.  I am seriously thinking, ok hoping, that this is why they are sleeping so poorly.

Hopefully the 3 kids will get better soon and we will be back to sleeping through the night.

Amy

1 comment:

  1. Ugh! I'm so sorry to hear that you've been dealing with sleep issues again. I hope things improve dramatically once the kids are feeling well again.

    ReplyDelete