Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Way Back When-esday: Breast Cancer Month


My Grandmother and my nephew about 6 years ago 

4 1/2 years ago, my grandmother lost her battle with breast cancer, she was 82.  She fought hard and was almost at the 5 year point (post 2nd mastectomy) when we found out that the cancer had spread through out her body.  Fortunately, she did not suffer at the end, but unfortunately she dies 3 days after finding out that not only was her cancer back, but it had spread throughout her body and she was now facing a terminal cancer vs something that she could fight.  Given that this is Breast Cancer Awareness Month,  I thought I would pay tribute to my grandmother.  She was a major influence in my life and I only wish that she could have seen me get married and have my children, especially my twins (she was a twin herself)!

We miss you nana!

Amy 

4 comments:

  1. Very sad, but it sounds like she had a long and probably pretty good life! It is always hard to let go of those we love!

    It is wonderful that she was such a important person in your life! It isn't the same, but I am sure she is smiling down on you and your kids right now!

    My mom found out the cancer was back and that it was in so many different places on a Wednesday afternoon, the following Wednesday morning she died. I understand. Mom was 46.

    Cancer drives me nuts! I would love to see it stopped!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy, so sorry about your Nana :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, I miss her too. That picture brings back so many memories.

    ReplyDelete