Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Potty Training

So, I am starting to work with Michael on potty training.  I think it's going to be a long road, and we may try it for a few days and then stop because I'm just not sure if he is ready or not.  He is 2 years 8 1/2 months old and I figured it's time to at least give it a real shot.  I don't think that I'm up for potty training boot camp.  I give those mom's who can do it so much credit.  I don't think that I could do it.  Thanks to the suggestions of my twin moms, I went out and bought the potette plus potty chair.  We already have 3 potty chairs from IKEA (1 for each kid) and a potty chair that is a Summer brand and pretty traditional.  I like the idea of the popette plus for sitting on the regular toilet and also for travel.  I'm not going to plan on being out of diapers for a while, but I think it's worth giving it a try.  So hears to hopefully having one out of diapers sooner than later and if Michael isn't ready, I'll move on to Eva Rose, who may actually be more ready than Michael even though she is 10 1/2 months younger.  Oh well, every kid is different.

Any potty training tips are very much appreciated and welcome here,

Amy

2 comments:

  1. Many people have said that girls are easier to train than boys, and that's definitely been true in our case. Tiny was a breeze to train at just 22 months. Buba started training at 25 months and is still working on it. He's been accident free, for the most part, for months during waking hours, but is still reluctant to poop on the potty (waiting instead until he has a nap or nighttime diaper on). It's been a process for sure. Take it one day at a time, and listen to Michael. He'll probably be able to let you know whether he's willing to take the plunge or needs a little more time.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This scares me to death...please let me know any pointers that you can share!

    ReplyDelete