Monday, January 10, 2011

Potty Training

So my oldest, Michael, with be three in March.  My twins are going to to be two in two weeks.  I have decided that it is time to work on one of the things I am most dreading, potty training.  Today was our first day sans diapers.  My goal is for diapers to only be on for night time.  How did today go?  Total fail.  Not one time did he do anything on the potty other than sit.  I suppose that it is a positive thing that he at least wanted to sit on the toilet, but he was more interested in flushing the toilet than anything else.  Every pair of under pants that I put on him, he soaked through.  I have been cloth diapering for the last year and a half.  I thought that it would make potty training easier, but I don't think it's made a difference in that regard.  I am not ready to give up on potty training yet.  It's only been one day, and I am hoping that he will start to get it sooner than later.  The other thing that is spurring this on, is that he is going to be evaluated for public school pre-school and I don't know if they require him to be potty trained to go or not.  I am hoping that he will qualify for pre-school and not just speech services.  I think that he will benefit from pre-school and that it will really help his speech.  But I digress.  Back to the potty training issue.  I am basically attempting to go sans diapers furing the day with offering him the potty often and even just bringing him and sitting him on it.  I know that there are more formal ways to potty train, but for now, it's how I am going about it.  If anyone has any other resources, please, please let me know.  I have the info on the 3 day potty training guide and may do that if my way doesn't work out.  It's just so hard with 2 others.  I am not looking forward to doing this two more times!

Amy

1 comment:

  1. Potty training Tiny was a breeze. Potty training Buba took longer (heck, we're still working on parts of it and we started last April!). It's no fun dealing with accidents, but they're all part of the learning process.

    If you're not busy Thursday, you should come to Big Kid COPE (it's in Melrose). I'm sure you'll get some good potty training advice. And after three more days of training, some adult conversation (about anything) might be nice. :o)

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete