Friday, December 10, 2010

Handmade Christmas Gifts

I am attempting to make a few handmade gifts for Christmas this year.  For my sisters and my sister in-law and their husbands, I am making a wine sack and thinking about adding a handmade bottle stopper to the gift as well as a store bought bottle of wine.  I think my mom is getting an album of the kids in 2010.  No idea for my husband.  But the kids are definitely getting some handmade felt food.  After I read a post from my friend over at http://firstcametwins.com, I was reminded that this was a project that I wanted to make for the kids.  She had a couple of post about a couple of handmade items that she made for her twins for Christmas.  She made the most adorable aprons, which I have to attempt as well as some fabric food.  After making my apron for my swap, I decided that I want to make the kids an apron also.  I had also seen a ton of felt food on multiple blogs that made me want to make some.  So far, I have made a few felt bow tie pasta.  When I asked my husband to tell me what I was making, he knew right away.  How awesome it that!  I also have a few egg shapes cut out that just need to be sewn.  The next step is to pick out a few more food items and make them to put under the tree for Christmas.  I figure, I can always make more after the holidays are over and there is less pressure to get things done!  My other goal is to make at least Eva Rose a baby doll.  I may even try to make the boys a doll also.  I did ask for both the play food and dolls for Christmas gifts, but you can never have too many dolls or play food right?  Now I just need to get my butt in gear and get moving so that these gifts actually get made and it is not just another idea that never comes to fruition.

Happy Holidays!
Amy

2 comments:

  1. I am also going to try to make Bella a rag doll. Even though she has her "baby" that is an attachment object, I think she would like a rag doll, too. I think Samuel would love one too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope your crafting is going well! I wish I were crafty like that.

    ReplyDelete