Thursday, October 21, 2010

Quilts and Other Crafting Projects

I just realized that another twin mom not only has her regular http://goddessinprogess.com blog, but has a quilting blog along with it.  I just spent some time reading about all her different quilting projects and it has totally inspired me to add quilting back into my projects to work on.  Right now I am in the process of making a Halloween costume for my little son, Thomas.  I just cut out the pattern for the jacket of his pirate costume.  I have already made the pants and now I have to sew the jacket, the belt, and the hat.  I feel bad that Michael's costume is a costume that I bought from another twin mom, but i will make his hat.  I also am not really making Eva Rose's costume.  I am using a dress that I got from a family member that won't fit her for long.  I'm going to add wings to it and have her be a fairy.  If all goes well, I will make her wings, but I may even buy them just to save time.  I would love to have made all of their costumes, but I just wanted to have them have costumes since this is the first year that we will actually be trick or treating.

I have some other things that I need to work on, but I really want to start quilting again.  I have a bunch of projects that I want to make, but as usual, I just keep adding projects to the list.  I am considering attempting my hand at hand sewing some quilts just to make them more portable.  It's probably crazy on my part, but I really want to make sure that I have portability with my crafting projects.  I have lots of knitting, regular sewing, scrapbooking, card making, and now quilting to do.  I love that I can make things for people, especially my own children.  I just need to find a way to get more organized so that I have more time to create all these projects that I dream of.

I love going to craft stores like Joann's, Ac Moore, and Michael's.  I would love to find other stores to browse around, but I am always so tempted to buy things, especially things I don't need.  I really need to start coming up with projects that utilize the supplies I have, so I have more room, don't spend money that I don't have, and just plain use up what I have.  Though, if there are good crafting resources that people want to recommend, either via internet, books, magazines, I am always on the lookout for new resources.

I also really want to start being part of a swap.  I did a few knitting and crocheting swaps before I had kids, but I haven't done any since before grad school 4 years ago.  One of these days I'll get back to swapping!

Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment