Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Sleep

I haven't written about sleep issues in a long time.  That is because we haven't had sleep issues in a long time!  The twins have always been good sleepers, and since we stopped dairy in January, Michael has also been sleeping through the night.  For the last 8-9 months, I have only had an occasional middle of the night wake up.  For the last couple of weeks, Miss Eva Rose has been sleeping horrible.

She fights naps, even though she still needs them.  When she doesn't nap, she falls asleep what could be considered either too late or too early, meaning she takes a nap too late which then interferes with her night time sleep or I put her to bed early thinking she will be out for the night and she wakes up too early.  Today I put her and Thomas in for a nap and Thomas fell asleep right away and she is still yelling and crying at the door almost an hour later, although I think she is finally going to sleep now!

 I am hoping that a normal nap will help her sleep better at night.  I hate having her cry it out for a nap, but she needs her nap.  I don't even know if this will make a difference.  I also got laid off and I don't know if that is impacting her sleep.  She seems like she needs to be held, rocked, and/or have her head rubbed, but even then she still fights sleep.  I wish knew why she all of a sudden needs more attention and seems to be having some sort of separation anxiety.   I also wish I knew why she won't go to sleep like she has for the last almost 2 years 9 months.

Any help?
Amy

1 comment:

  1. Knowing how much you struggled with sleep (and for so long), I think it's excellent news that you had 9 months of no sleep issues. I wish I could offer some advice for your situation with Eva Rose, but I'm just not sure what to make of it. I know that between 2.5 and 3.5 my kids have have had nap issues from time to time, but we've just stuck with our routines and things usually iron themselves out within a week or so.

    So sorry to hear you were laid off. I hope things get better soon...

    ReplyDelete