Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Bittersweet

My oldest son turned 2 yesterday.  One would't think that this would be a big deal, especially since I have 13 1/2 month old twins.  But, we gave away a lot of baby things recently since we are not having any more children.  I am more than fine with no more children.  I have 3 beautiful children who I am so thrilled to have.  I didn't have the best pregnancies in the world, though I love every minute of being pregnant.  We no longer need the infant car seats, exersaucers, infant clothing, snap and go stroller, jumparoo, and a crib.  I love that my children are getting bigger and doing so much more, but sometimes I do miss them as tiny infants.  People said that time would go by fast, but I never realized how fast.

I have a crazy life, but I wouldn't change a thing.  I love my husband and my children and feel so lucky and blessed to have such a great life!

Amy

2 comments:

  1. It just feels very final to be getting rid of all of their "baby stuff," huh? I think I understand. Although, I was NEVER going to have more, a few different times?!? Oh boy, but that is a different story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got so teary when I gave up all the baby stuff last spring, so I can definitely relate.

    Happy Birthday to Michael! I hope you had a great celebration!

    ReplyDelete