Monday, January 31, 2011

Mommy Guilt

For about a week now, I've been feeling pretty crappy.  We had a birthday party for the twins and I think 8 or 9 total people have gotten some form of flu like symptoms.  The worst part is that over the weekend, not only was I sick, but so was my husband.  So here we were 3 kids, healthy no symptoms of anything like anyone else had, and 2 miserable parents.  I am trying so hard not to have tv on so much, but with being sick, I feel like that's what we've had to use for somewhat of babysitting.  I am hoping that what ever illness I have left is leaving my  body very quickly.  I want to have energy to play with my kids.  I don't want to be afraid that they'll get sick too and we'll just keep passing it back and forth.  I want the nice weather to come so that I can open the windows and breath fresh air, take the kids to the park, go for walks, etc.  But for now, we have another snow storm coming that seems to be planning on dumping about another foot at least in our area.  I really need to feel better soon, so that this mommy guilt of not spending enough time with my kids goes away and I can plan for some fun times with the kids even if we are snow bound!  And I want the energy to cook good healthy food.  I don't want to feed them sandwiches all the time.

Spring please come soon!
Amy

2 comments:

  1. I hate being sick when the Crazies are healthy...I'd rather we all be sick together...sound horrible, but I feel that guilt too! I.need.spring.right.now!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I'm a bit behind in getting to this post. Hopefully you're feeling much better now and the kids escaped this round of sickness.

    My fingers are crossed for an early spring too. :o)

    ReplyDelete