Thursday, January 26, 2012

Illness and Other Things

I have been fighting a cold/bronchitis since Thanksgiving.  Finally, I went to the doctors 3 weeks ago and got the Z-pak for bronchitis and was feeling so much better.  I was feeling great for about 2 weeks and then my daughter got sick just before her 3rd birthday.  She was miserable this past weekend.  The poor thing was sick on her birthday party and her actual birthday, though she started feeling better on her actual birthday.  I brought her to the doctor who felt that her fever was related to a virus and that it would just have to work it's way out of her system.  He gave me some things to strengthen her immune system and help her body do what it needs to do to help her get better.  She was fine the next day but guess who is using everything that she was told to use?  I am once again sick.  I am using the echinacea, the vitamin C and vitamin D and am hoping that I will start feeling better soon.  I also need to start using  my nasal rinse as well as eating better and probably starting my allergy shots again.

I started a Biggest Loser type program with another twin mom blogger.  I have lost a little weight, but given the illness here, I have not exercised anywhere near where I should be.  I am going to try to get on the treadmill today since I really am not sure who I feel about being out in the cold when I am sick or with my daughter who was recently sick.  I am hopeful that I can at least use this challenge to lose a little bit of weight and get myself on the right track.  Losing weight is so much harder when you have kids.

Here's a few birthday party pictures:

Sick birthday girl!


Birthday boy!


Big Brother

Birthday Cake Nonna made

Birthday Cake from Costco

In another month and a half, we'll be celebrating Michael's 4th birthday, but for now we are a house of 3, three year olds!  Hopefully no one will be sick for Michael's birthday!

Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment