Tuesday, August 11, 2009

RSV

I just went to the care pages website to print out all the updates from when the twins were in the hospital with RSV. Looking back at the updates and the pictures is so bizarre. In some way I can't remember them this little and this sick. i guess that's a good thing since they were so sick and it was probably the most scariest time in my entire life. I never thought that I would be rushing my 2 1/2 week old preemie to Children's hospital and have him admitted on a respirator. After having him in the hospital, we kept a close eye on his sister and 1 week and 1 day later she was admitted. Thankfully Thomas came off the respirator after 24 hours, but his sister was on for 6 days. Luckily it seemed as if all this time helped her to heal quick and she was able to come home the same day as her brother. Reading all the updates and the comments made me realize how lucky were are to have such strong children, great hospitals and doctors, and such caring family and friends. Now that the twins are 6 1/2 months old, and growing like weeds, it amazes me that they were so little and so sick. It is also amazing how much Michael has grown. I am so lucky to have such beautiful and wonderful children. I couldn't ask for a better family!

This is a crazy life, but I love it!

Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment