Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thanksgiving 2009

I had a really great Thanksgiving.  I am so thankful for my beautiful family.  I have a wonderful husband and 3 beautiful children who have absolutely made my life wonderful.  This was the first holiday that we had to get the 3 kids out of the house along with all sorts of extras.  We went to my sister in laws (1 hour 15 minutes away) for Easter but the kids were so young that it wasn't as difficult (if you can imagine that).  We only went 15 minutes away to my sister in law's, brother in law's, but for some reason it seemed like it was so much more difficult to get things together this time.  Dinner was delicious and as always it is wonderful to get together with family.  The kids had a really good time and were really well behaved.  After we left Peter's, we went to Tom's aunt and visited for a short time (the kids needed to go to bed at this point).  Unfortunately, we got a late start to bed time, but will be back on schedule tomorrow.

One of the best parts was how well the roasted nut and white chocolate bark went over.  I had a lot of fun making these and also making the box that I brought them in and the wine bag.  Tom made delicious Cranberry nut bread also.  I can't wait to make more nuts and bark and even the packaging!

Amy

1 comment:

  1. White chocolate bark and cranberry nut bread sound great.
    It does seem the older the children get the harder and longer it is to get them out of the house. Imagine have a teenage daughter.... Try getting her out of the house (well she is a tween for another 5 months then a teen). Gotta have the ipod, the cell, the right shoes, the hair right, blah blah blah... LOL I wonder if we were like that at that age???
    Sounds like you all had a great Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete