Thursday, November 4, 2010

Food

So my kids aren't the greatest eaters and their weights truly reflect this.  At one of the doctors visits I recently had, I think my visit (my pcp is the kids' pcp) we talked about getting in more veggies.  My pcp suggested "Deceptively Delicious" by Jessica Seinfeld.  I had heard of the book, but never really paid much attention to it.  So far I think I have made 2 recipes from the book, so I can't truly review it, but the pancake recipe with pumpkin puree and the meatloaf recipe with carrots, onions, and celery were the bigg hit with my kids so far.  Unfortunately these are the only recipes I've made, but I am certainly going to try more.  My husband said that more than half the meatloaf is gone and that is not from them throwing it on the floor.  I can't tell you how excited I am that my kids ate so well.  The other big food item lately is hot dogs.  I've been making freaky franks from weelicious.com.  I really like the website for good healthy foods for kids.  I bought some beets today to try out the beet cookies.  I have a friend that really liked them, so now it is my turn to try them!

Hopefully I can get my kids to eat moer food by finding more recipes that they like and figuring out how to make it for me and my husband also!

Amy

2 comments:

  1. The meatloaf is my favorite recipe!!!

    The applesauce muffins are Husband's favorite. It takes a lot of works to work through all of the veggie prep, but the results are surprising. If you try the mozz sticks, I hope you have better luck than I did!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought Deceptively Delicious over the summer when Kohl's was selling it for $5, but haven't tried any of the recipes yet. I'll have to take another look and see about trying some.

    Fortunately, T&B are pretty good eaters. However, T has never been on the growth curve for kids her age, and B is consistently in the 1st to 3rd percentile. We worked with a nutritionist through EI when my guys were about 15 months old, and she was fabulous. I just typed up her feeding tips for another friend of mine. Let me know if you'd like me to forward them to you too.

    ReplyDelete