Monday, November 8, 2010

Getting Ready for Santa

Christmas is fast approaching and I am getting really excited this year.  I think the kiddos are getting to an age where they may get it a little, at least more than last year.  Te twins will be almost 2 and Michael will be close to 3.  I really want to take the kids to do different Christmas type activities this year.  My husband mentioned taking them to the Stone Zoo for Zoo Lights.  My husband and I used to go and see them all the time before they moved to the zoo.  this year we want to introduce the kids to them.  I would also love to take them to see the lighting of the Christmas tree in Boston, or at least take a walk through the Boston Commons and the Public Gardens to look at the lights.  This is something I used to do as a kid and would love to pass that tradition on to my kids.  There is the tree lighting in our town, but I don't know if I'll get to go since I will most likely be working.

I can't wait to start playing Christmas songs and read Christmas books to my kids.  I really want to get int he spirit this year and really look forward to sharing this with my kids.

Amy

1 comment:

  1. I've also started thinking more about what new traditions we can add this year. We may try seeing the lights at the zoo, but it depends on the timing. We try not to mess around with bedtime. We just saw Santa this week, but I'm holding off on all other Christmas activities until after Thanksgiving. But I'm all excited to bust out the Christmas CDs the day after Thanksgiving. And maybe I'll try to involve the kiddos in a little holiday baking this year.

    ReplyDelete