Monday, March 28, 2011

Makes My Monday: New Haircut for Mom

Since my mom got diagnosed with cancer and I found out she may have to have chemotherapy, I started thinking about cutting my hair.  I had been growing my hair out for about a year and a half and it went from being pixie short at my wedding, which it had been that way for years to growing it out to my shoulders.  I started thinking that I could cut my hair short in support of my mom, who will most likely be losing her hair from the chemo that she starts this week.  I made the decision to go short and got my haircut Saturday.  I had some concerns about wether or not I really wanted to continue growing my hair or if I wanted to cut it.  I had asked people on facebook, I asked my husband, and most importantly I did some soul searching about what I wanted (wow the soul searching sounds so crazy, but after putting the time into growing my hair, I didn't want to do something that I would regret), I decided that I really want to cut my hair.  I made an appointment and brought a picture of how I wanted my hair.  The funny part is that I brought a picture of what my hair looked like prior to growing my hair out and when I showed the picture to the hairdresser, she asked if I had ever had my hair that short before.  My hair is now as short as it was 1 1/2 years ago and I am so happy that I did it.  My husband who played Switzerland when I asked his opinion on cutting my hair, finally admitted that he likes my hair short.  Now, I just need to make time to maintain my haircut.

Length of my hair prior to cutting it

My new haircut!

Cutting my hair to how I want to wear it and in support of my mom, makes my Monday.  Check out http://twinfatuation.blogspot.com to see what makes others Mondays.

Amy

6 comments:

  1. I like it! It really turned out good! I bet you made that stylist day! I am sure they love when people come in and say cut it off! Unlike me that say trim it up. :) have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! What a change. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AMY!!!! It's AWESOME!!! (My man is a short-hair lover too....just really cropped mine extra short this weekend, too)

    Will be rooting for your mom. You are a great daughter. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Good for you! It's so hard to take that plunge, but I'm sure your mother loved the gesture!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks AWESOME!!! You are definitely a "looks great with short hair" person. :)

    I'll be thinking of your mom (and you)...sending warm thoughts!

    ReplyDelete