Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Way Back When-esday: Haircut

I'm joining in with http://twinfatuation.blogspot.com for way back When-esday.  This time I am going to post pictures off myself, which I hate doing, but I am thinking that after a year and a half of growing out my hair, I am really considering cutting it off.  For years I had a short pixie cut, then I decided to grow it long because that is what I always do.  One of the newest reasons for wanting to cut my hair again is my mom's cancer diagnosis.  When I found out she was going to have chemo or at least the potential of it, I thought about cutting my hair short in support of her potential for losing her hair.  I know that this is not a lot, but I thought that it could be a way to support her since losing her hair was one of her concerns.  Now, I have been thinking more about cutting my hair, I want to do it because I really liked my hair short.  So here I am going from this:

I'm the one blowing out the candle

To this:

October 2008 The first haircut after I decided to grow it long

It had been this short:

December 2008 1 month before I gave birth to the twins!

What do you think, should I cut it?  My plan is to cut it like the middle picture.  I felt like Audrey Hepburn, not that I looked like her, but I felt like her, classy and beautiful!

Amy


4 comments:

  1. What a sweet thing to consider to do for your Mom! Cancer SUCKS!!! Your Mom is in my thoughts and prayers!

    I really like your hair short! Very classy and beautiful! Your shape of face goes very well with short hair styles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the middle picture... I don't know why you don't like posting pictures of you, you are a beautiful person.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Andrea and Lola. I'm working with a friend who is a selectman in my town about where to get my haircut. He is thinking of maybe trying to make it a cut for a cure type event. We'll see!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always grow my hair then cut it, too!

    ReplyDelete