Monday, July 20, 2009

Life

Life is crazy as the title of my blog says. I was just thinking about how much in my life has changed over the last couple of years. I started my MSW program in May 2006. By Christmas that year I was engaged to an amazing man that I had been dating for 13 1/2 years. I graduated in May of 2007 and was married 1 month later (after an awesome wedding that amazingly went right according to plan). I also sold a house that same month. By the next month, I found out I was pregnant, never imagining that it would happen the first time we tried to have a baby. For the most part, until the last 6 weeks, I had an amazing pregnancy. Unfortunately, I ended up on bed rest for pre-eclampsia, but at least I was able to relax for the last few weeks. My plan was to have a totally natural childbirth and planned to use hypnobirthing to get through the labor. Unfortunately life had other plans and my little boy did not want to meet the world right then. after 3 hours of active pushing, I ended up having a c-section and had a beautiful boy. I attempted to nurse my son, and again life had other plans. Tom and I decided to start trying for another baby almost right away since he was going to be 50 and I was going to be 35. We never imagined that I would be pregnant again 3 months after my first son was born.By my second OB appointment, I thought that we were going to have iussues since I started to have som eslight bleeding. We went for the appointment and had a little scare since the heart beat wasn't were it was supposed to be for how far along I was. I was sent for an ultrasound at 11 weeks to find out how far along I really was (my OB thought I was further along). As soon as the ultrasound tech scanned my belly, Tom new that it was twins. I had to wait until the tech finished what she needed to do for me to find out. How crazy, not only were we having a baby 1 year away from our first, but we were having twins. At 23 weeks, I was put on bed rest for the potential of going into early labor. I was on bed rest til week 35 when I surprisingly had to have the twins because my blood pressure sky rocketed to 188/111. I was hoping again to have as natural birth as possible with a VBAC. I thought that both twins were in the right position, but my son decided to flip so that he was in the wrong position, and I ended up with another c-section. The twins were born almost 4 1/2 weeks early and weighed about 4 1/2 pounds each. They were so small, but so strong. I was lucky to have them come home with me when I left the hospital 5 days after they were born. Unfortunately, about 2 weeks later, Thomas was back in the NICU with RSV. What a scary time. We were rushed from the doctors visit 911 to Children's Hospital. 1 weeks later, Eva Rose was admitted for the same thing. What a scary time: 2 children needing to be intubated. 2 weeks later they both came home together. Now at almost 6 months old, they are growing by leaps and bounds. Life is crazy with 3 kids: 1 kid 16months and twins 6 months, but life is so good. I can't wait for next year when the kids are all running around and playing with each other.

My life is crazy, but I wouldn't change a thing!

Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment